Our client is currently looking for associates to join their award winning banking team in their Hong Kong office working predominantly on cutting edge leveraged finance deals for a stellar client list. Our client is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide.
With lawyers operating from more than 25 locations globally, they have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market both in Asia and globally. Low attrition, excellent career path prospects and training regime.
- Full US salary
- Full global relocation
- In recent years the bonus for this team has been top of market in HK on the US scale
Duties and Accountabilities
- Acting for top tier lenders and sponsors in connection with leveraged and other complex cross-border finance transactions
- Admission in Australia, England & Wales, Singapore, Hong Kong or equivalent common law bar
- PQE 4 – 6 years as an indicator only
- Experience in general banking finance, broad exposure preferable consisting of a combination of, leveraged financing, project finance or trade finance, syndicated and bilateral financings (both secured and unsecured)
- Experience in a top tier international firm
- Fluent in Mandarin is essential
- Strong academic record
- Commercial and business awareness
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple projects
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail
- Strong professional presence
- Client service focus
- Team player
- Strong judgment
- Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative
- Good understanding of the key risks and issues involved in cross-border transactions.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply we’d like to hear from you, please send:
- your CV; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com (Europe & U.S.), firstname.lastname@example.org (Singapore) or email@example.com (Hong Kong) for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying for any of our roles or would like to have a general discussion on opportunities in the legal market please call our London office on +44 203 745 2513, Singapore office on +65 6808 6635 or Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Banking & Finance, Acquisition Finance, Project Finance, Trade Finance
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: Banking & Finance, Acquisition Finance, Project finance / PFI / PPP, trade finance